We have a job position open for a Technical Services Assistant located in Vidalia. Here is the complete job description
Applications due by July 16, 2018. Drop the completed application, cover letter and resume by the Vidalia library or email it to email@example.com
Ohoopee Regional Library System
Position Title: Technology Assistant
Summary of job responsibilities This is a part-time position under the general direction of the Assistant Director. Duties include assisting with the Region’s technology needs and related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director; these duties include working with children in Technology related programming each week as well as assisting with the libraries’ computer/information systems network.
Hourly Rate: $7.50 an hour
Weekly Maximum Hours: 18 hours a week
Reports To: Assistant Director
Special working conditions Work in a library environment; sustained posture in a standing or seated position for prolonged periods of time; perform lifting, crouching and pushing; extensive keyboard usage; may travel to other locations.
- Some school classwork in the area of computer science
- Have or be able to obtain a valid Georgia Driver’s license and maintain an excellent driving record
- Knowledge of the use of the Internet, TCP/IP networking, and MS Office suite including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work independently and comfortable working with groups of children
- Good communication skills, technical competency, flexibility and eagerness to learn and share knowledge with others
- Plan and implement weekly programs in the Science Technology Engineering Art and Math room. Will require familiarity with the inventory of the room and working directly with children and families on guided projects. The programs will be implemented region wide and at schools, so some travel may be required for special programs.
- Visit branches on an as needed basis to do periodic checks on any issues and work on branches’ general computer maintenance needs;
- Help maintain an inventory of all technology assets including information for serial numbers, purchase dates, initial cost, installed software and operating system, hardware specs, etc. for each item;
- Assist and provide support to librarians providing public computing classes;
- Assist patrons with technology questions;
- Provide support to the Assistant Director in any technical service related projects or initiatives (book processing for branches)
- Other related duties as assigned.
Who Should Apply
Energetic, self-motivated, and team-oriented individuals with excellent customer service skills and a working knowledge of computers and related technology.
We also highly recommend that you have an existing PINES card in good standing.